Friday, October 10, 2014

Monster Eye Cookies


My first Halloween blog of the season! I wanted to make sure I got at least one in before time got away from me...

Does everyone have their costumes picked out yet? I'm not sure if I'm dressing up yet this year but my oldest is SpiderMan (of course) and youngest is Captain America... I almost have the whole Avengers on my hands! (Now if only Chris Hemsworth showed up....)

If you're looking for a quick, yet fun Halloween recipe to whip up for the kids, this is the ticket. Plus. who DOESN'T want an excuse to eat eyeballs???

For the Cookies:
(about 18 cookies)
1 box white cake mix
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
food coloring (I used pink, blue, green, and yellow)
powdered sugar
eyeballs

In a large bowl, beat together the butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and egg until combined. Add in the white cake mix until incorporated.
Divide into separate bowls equal to the amount of colors you want to use. Dye each batter and place in the fridge to firm up for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
Place about 1/2 cup of powdered sugar into a bowl.
Working with one dough color at a time, scoop about a Tablespoon amount and roll into a ball and then into the powdered sugar to coat. Place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Continue with remaining dough and colors.
Bake in preheated oven for approximately 10-12 minutes or until crackled and lightly browned.
Immediately upon removing from the oven stick decorative eyes into the dough.
Cool completely before serving, enjoy!


(the blue ones remind me of Cookie Monster!)

No comments :

Post a Comment