Monday, September 9, 2013

Mini Corn Dogs



My husband and I just got back from San Francisco and went to the 49ers vs. Packers game!

Can I just tell you how much FUN we had?

I'm sorry for the shouty caps but it was so nice to:

1. Be kid-less and carefree for a few hours
2. Scream and yell like the opposite of a lady
3. Drink beer (sorry if this offends you, but you can't watch a game without it)
and
4. See athletic men in football pants.... Need I say more?

But the one thing I HATED? (Yes, more shouty caps)

The price of everything!

1 beer = $10.00

Order of garlic fries = $8.00

and a corn dog....

SIX DOLLARS!!!

You're kidding right? We do all know what hot dogs are made of right? I mean, seriously...

So I decided to recreate my own at home to enjoy this football season.

For the mini dogs:
8 hot dogs, cut in half and a skewer or toothpick stuck inside
3/4 cup corn meal
10.5 Tablespoons flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of cayenne
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
3 Tablespoons honey

Vegetable oil for frying

Dry off hot dogs with a paper towel, cut in half, and place a small skewer in each end, set aside.



In a medium bowl, whisk together the corn meal, flour, baking powder,cayenne and salt. Slowly add in the milk, eggs and honey and whisk just until combined.

Heat vegetable oil to 375 degrees.

Dip mini dog into the batter and slowly place into the fryer.


Fry until golden brown, remove from oil and place on a paper towel lined plate.

Serve hot with mustard or ketchup!

These mini dogs whip up quickly, would be amazing with a homemade honey mustard, and are the perfect addition to your game day eats. Enjoy!

And P.S: GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!






2 comments :

  1. Mmmm, we love corn dogs around here! And mini ones? Too cute! Did I just call a hot dog cute?...;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you Jocelyn! And I see absolutely nothing wrong with calling hot dogs cute.... :)

      Delete