Sunday, December 2, 2012

Peppermint Truffles





It's peppermint season!

But I have to admit... I think mint is gross. I can't stand super minty toothpaste or breath-mints. The point where you feel like your mouth is frozen, I'll pass.

But it's that touch of mint that I absolutely love. I'll shovel those little butter mints in my mouth like there's no tomorrow. It's that little kiss that cools your throat and tickles your taste buds.

These truffles provide just that. There is no peppermint extract just the delicious crunch of peppermint Andes. YUM.

I should have made them smaller, as I only got about 16 truffles, but I obviously have size issues...

You will need:
12 ounces chocolate (I used semi-sweet but you can vary these from bittersweet to white chocolate if you prefer)
8 Tablespoons heavy cream
Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips


Melt your chocolate and heavy cream either in a double broiler, or in the microwave. If you choose the microwave method then heat, on high, for 1 minute. Stir, and continue cooking in 15 second intervals until all of the chocolate is melted and heavy cream is completely incorporated.

Pour your chocolate mixture into a lightly greased loaf pan or baking dish and cover the top with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours.

Let the truffle mixture come to room temperature for 5 minutes. During this time, slightly chop up your Andes Peppermint Crunch and place in a small bowl.

Now, using a melon baller or tablespoon, scoop the chocolate mixture and roll into a ball with your hands. The warmth from your hands should melt the chocolate slightly, making it easy to roll. Drop the truffles into your Peppermint Crunch and roll around, then roll again in your hand gently to push the chips into the truffle.

Place on to a baking sheet. Continue this process until all of your truffles are complete.

Let chill until ready to serve.

The pretty gold wrappers are from Wilton and make the perfect addition to give as gifts.

Seasons Greetings everyone!





6 comments :

  1. These look delicious, Veronica!! I would love for you to link this post to my Tasty Thursdays linky party going on right now. Thanks, Nichi
    http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/12/tasty-thursdays-20.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just linked up Nichi, thanks for the invite and stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. These look super yummy! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ok with big truffles! They look fabulous! I am all about peppermint this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for linking up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday and sharing your yummy Peppermint Truffles! They look amazing! We hope to see you again soon! Thanks so much! -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these, Veronica!! Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays at The Mandatory Mooch. Can't wait to see what you link up this week. Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete