Friday, November 23, 2012

Pecan Pie Cheesecake


Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone... And I'm pretty sure I've gained 10 pounds. Probably from this cheesecake alone. But who cares right? That's what New Years resolutions are for.

Did you all have a nice Holiday? Did anyone venture out for Black Friday?

I attempted Walmart to get ONE thing for my boys and it was gone before it was even time to pick them up. What happened to honesty and manners? Out the window when play kitchens are involved I guess...

Anyways, if you had to deal with Black Friday crazies or your strange Uncle Bill this holiday season, this cheesecake will make you feel alllll better!

Enjoy and Happy late Thanksgiving everyone :)

(recipe adapted from bakeorbreak.com)

For the Crust:
1 3/4 cups Vanilla Wafer Cookie crumbs (I bought the ones from Trader Joes.... TO. DIE. FOR.)
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted

For the Pecan Pie:
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla

Brown Sugar Cheesecake:
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
4 eggs
2/3 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla

Start by making the crust.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Pulse cookies (about 30) into fine crumbs in your food processor. Pour crumbs into a bowl and measure out 1 3/4 cups. Place crumbs along with brown sugar back into the food processor. Pulse to combine. Pour in melted butter and pulse until crumbs are coated. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" spring form pan. Bake for 6 minutes, set aside and cool.

Start the pecan filling. Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the mixture has thickened, about 10 minutes. Make sure to stir constantly. Pour filling into prepared crust and set aside.

Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees. With your hand mixer and a large bowl, beat the cream cheese at medium speed until creamy. Add brown sugar and flour and beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat the vanilla and cream on low.

Pour cheesecake mixture over the pecan pie filling and bake for 1 hour. Turn oven off and leave the cheesecake inside with the door closed for another hour.

Remove pan from oven and run a knife to loosen the edges. Let cool completely then transfer to the fridge for 6 hours to overnight.

Bring to room temperature before enjoying!


6 comments :

  1. Haha, I actually DO have a crazy Uncle Bill! But I didn't get to see him. Oh well, just looking at this cheesecake makes me forget about the long weekend and all the work I did. I love cheesecake. This one looks REALLY good. I love cheesecake. Did I say that already? I think it needs to go on my Christmas baking list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MUST HAVE THIS. Oh, man. It looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is going to be addicting. A combo of too of my favorite flavors. Yum. I'd love to have you link this us to Titus 2 Tuesday this week on Cornerstone Confessions.. I hope to see you there.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely link up! Thanks for invite and stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. OOOO - that looks fabulous. Pecan pie and cheesecake are two of my most favorite desserts. What's not to love??? Pinning!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, Veronica, two of my very favorite things for dessert are cheesecake and pecan pie :) Happy dance! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful rest of the week
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete