Monday, October 15, 2012

Count Chocula Donuts


I finally bought a donut pan!

I know... living in the dark ages over here.

So I had to bake something with it immediately...



Honestly, I'm way more of a cheeky Halloween person. Cute little ghosts and goofy faced pumpkins are far better than blood and guts.

So I just knew Count Chocula and I would be good friends this season and I had to giggle when my oldest called him G-Pa (my dad).

Throw cereal in any baked good and it becomes better to the umpteenth power! Make these for your kiddos Halloween party! You can make about 10 of them in 20 minutes or so.

Have fun!

Donut Batter:
(makes about 10 donuts)

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Count Chocula cereal dust (grind up your cereal finely in a food processor or blender)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoon whole milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and lightly grease your donut pan.

Mix the dry ingredients together. Beat in the milk, eggs, vanilla and butter. Mix just until incorporated.

Pipe the donut batter into your prepared pan, about 3/4 the way full.  Bake the donuts for 10-12 minutes and allow to cool slightly. Remove from pan to a cooling rack while you make your glaze.

Chocolate Glaze:

3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1 1/2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar and cocoa. Slowly stir in milk and vanilla. Whisk until smooth and shiny. Add more or less milk/sugar to your desired texture.

Dip donuts into chocolate glaze and let harden for a couple of minutes in the fridge.

While the donuts are still wet sprinkle with cereal or sprinkles.

Enjoy!!




7 comments :

  1. Wow these look delicious!!!!! And so fun, too! I've been wanting to try making donuts too, these look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I just bought a donut pan too so you're not the only one living in the dark ages. I am too! BTW, those donuts look so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that cereal as a kid! These donuts sound delish, but I don't have a donut pan either. I've only made biscuit donuts that don't require a pan. Hmmm.... I might need to ask for this for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I used to love that cereal, on a donut, bet it's even better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this look sinful! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy mackerel these look good! I could sit down with one or two of these babies and a tall glass of milk and call it a day :) Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout! Hope to see you back this week! - Trish

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazingly delicious!
    I would love to have you join my new link party Wednesday Extravaganza! Come by and share this or other recipes. Here is the link
    http://www.hungrylittlegirl.com/1/post/2012/10/wednesday-extravaganza.html

    Can't wait to see you there!

    ReplyDelete