Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Donut Muffins



Can I just say I hate obligations?


I hate waking up early when I want to stay up until 12 am watching trashy television.


I hate going to work every day even though I have free reign to do what I want (ie: scour Pinterest, drink coffee and eat muffins)


I hate pretending like  I am the uber-perfect mother around all of my other mommy friends "Oh little Johnny walked at 10 months and is in the 90th percentile on the growth charts!?!?! Fan-TASTIC" my son covers his mouth when he coughs and does a front flip. TOP THAT!


But please don't think I am a spiteful person because with all of those hateful things there are a ton more that I love.


Like donuts.


And muffins.


And butter. Mm-mm. Butter.


Anyways, I made these muffin/donut procreation's a couple of years ago (but blogging in my world didn't exist then) so here they are.. In all of their delicious cinnamon sugar glory!




For the Muffins:
Makes around 8-10 muffins


1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4-1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg (depending on how spicy you like it)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk


Coating:
6-8 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease your muffin tin/s. 


Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium sized bowl.
Mix together the oil, sugar, egg and milk. Add the dry ingredients into the sugar mixture and stir until just combined.


Pour a 1/4 cup of mixture into the muffin tins and bake for around 20 minutes. Check with a toothpick at the 18 minute mark. While muffins have a couple of minutes left melt the butter in the microwave and combine your cinnamon-sugar either in another bowl or zip-lock bag. 


Shake muffins out of the tin while still warm and dunk in the melted butter (YUM!)


Roll in the cinnamon sugar and move to a cooling rack.


Please enjoy warm.


If you have any bitterness, errrrrummm, things that annoy you. I promise this recipe will make them go away... for 5 minutes anyway until the muffins are gone and your face is covered in cinnamon sugar.


Its OK...








6 comments :

  1. YOU'RE KILLING ME!! This might just be Sunday's breakfast!! Thank you in advance because I don't have to go shopping for ANY of the ingredients!!! And because ANY recipe can be modified, I'll sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on them before popping them in the oven and I won't dip mine in the butter AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Please! Those look amazing! Thanks for the recipe! Visiting from The Frugal Girls Chic & Crafty Party. Sarah @ Repeat Crafter Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfection! Muffins and donuts combined - genius! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are great! we tried making doughnuts of this type a few days ago, and these were so MESSY. not to mention they were fried, so they were less than healthy, to say the least. This recipe looks so much easier, and still delicious. I know my daughter and I will enjoy making them this weekend. (to go along with the crack bread and circus cookies. and anything else I happen to click on in the next few minutes. I just discovered your blog, and so far have decided to make everything I have looked at!)

    ReplyDelete