Thursday, August 11, 2011

Marble Fudge Red Velvet Cupcakes

So... this recipe happened on a whim and can i just say... its the best thing that ever happened to me!

I am a HUGE fan of the website food52.com where people post some of the most amazing recipes I have ever seen! Browsing one day I came across a recipe for "Not Red Velvet Cake with Fudge Glaze". Red velvet without the..RED!? are you mad! But the ingredients were simply wonderful. I couldn't resist however and added just a touch of red food coloring (about 1 tbsp).

Filling the tins....
I then saved about 1/2 of a cup of the batter which I mixed with around 1 tsp of cocoa powder. It was more trial and error to get it to the "extra chocolatey" taste I desired! I put a tsp in each tin and swirled my heart out! (P.S the batter with the extra coca powder is very thick, thus making it slightly difficult to swirl but oh soooo moist and fudgey when baked)

While the cupcakes were in the oven I made a simple cream cheese butter cream....SINFUL!
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

The finished product? probably one of the best things I have ever made!! Although it didn't swirl as much as I would have liked I thoroughly enjoyed a big chunk of fudgey cake smack dab in the middle!!!



No comments :

Post a Comment